Thursday 4 February 2016

Hank Aaron Quotes

  • Henry Louis "Hank" Aaron (born February 5, 1934), nicknamed "Hammer", or "Hammerin' Hank", is a retired American Major League Baseball (MLB) right fielder. 
  • Aaron had seven siblings, including Tommie Aaron, who later played in MLB with him.
  • Hank Aaron's number 44 was retired by the Milwaukee Brewers in 1976.
Hank Aaron Quotes

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging.
It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
I don't feel right unless I have a sport to play or at least a way to work up a sweat.
On the field, blacks have been able to be supergiants. But, once our playing days are over, this is the end of it and we go back to the back of the bus again.
I'm mad at Hank Aaron for deciding to play one more season. I threw him his last home run and thought I'd be remembered forever. Now, I'll have to throw him another.
The triple is the most exciting play in baseball. Home runs win a lot of games, but I never understood why fans are so obsessed with them.
I'm hoping someday that some kid, black or white, will hit more home runs than myself. Whoever it is, I'd be pulling for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment