Thursday 17 April 2014

"I am prepared to Die" - An Inspiring Statement from Nelson Mandela in 1964 | TheQuotes.Net - Motivational Quotes

"I am prepared to Die" - An Inspiring Statement from Nelson Mandela in 1964 | TheQuotes.Net - Motivational Quotes

In my youth in the Transkei I listened to the elders of my tribe telling
stories of the old days. Amongst the tales they related to me were
those of wars fought by our ancestors in defence of the fatherland. The
names of Dingane and Bambata, Hintsa and Makana, Squngthi and Dalasile,
Moshoeshoe and Sekhukhuni, were praised as the glory of the entire
African nation. I hoped then that life might offer me the opportunity to
serve my people and make my own humble contribution to their freedom
struggle. This is what has motivated me in all that I have done in
relation to the charges made against me in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment